Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna have to wire my shop. I want the most effective trouble free type that is also economical :) Shared experience greatly appreciated. I do have a tenant living on the property who will respond.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Back when my brother was in the Army, he had a cheap car alarm that worked well. It was a small battery powered portable motion detector with a deafening siren on it. Unless you knew where it was and how to disarm it, the sound would deter thieves. You may be able to rig motion detectors to loud speakers.

A baby monitor or a closed circuit TV may be a cheap solution, if the tenant will pay attention if he hears noises on the baby monitor and checks the tv screen occasionally. I have seen small security cameras that hook up to your computer.

Dobermans have a well deserved reputation for a reason.

A friend had ADT install motion detectors and window alarms on a hunting cabin/equipment storage building. At the end of the install, the ADT guy realized there was no signal for the AT&T cell phone which calls the cops.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello Tom, sad that you have to go to anti-burglar alarm mode. There is a suggestion here that I will spin off and go one further. As a bee keeper I would think about a sign that says that there are bees in my shop. I would keep a spare super with a lid in the shop. This super could have a triggered sound device inside that does give off the recorded sound of one of my meanest beehives. Might work......Good luck, Take care and have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts