Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started seriously thinking about keeping bees, I bought a Burgess Fogger to treat Varroa Mites. Needless to say, that was well over a year and a half ago - and now, no thank you - I'm not going there.

This leaves to a challenge of how to treat in an affordable LIGHT WEIGHT (no tugging around a battery) EFFECTIVE way. I have a ProVap110 Oxalic Acid Vaporizer in my shopping cart - but I REALLY don't want to spend this kind of money. Yowch. Especially after spending $500 bucks per hive. (Brain burn ouch.) I know there is another alternative out there - suggested to me a while ago, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is and who makes it, but it's the reasonable version for a nonprofessional (like me) of the ProVap110.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about:? If you could just tell me what it's called, I'll go from there.

Trying to get my equipment in order.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the answer on another site - the Johno Easy Vap.

Reactions: massbee

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,882 Posts
Beth, Biermann also makes a version. I have used one of Johno's and found it to be similar, but not quite the same as a Provap110. A very good value IMO. If you have 110V power nearby, use can use an extension cord. If not, buy a 400 watt inverter and hook it up to your car, lawnmower, or ATV and it will supply all the portable power you need.

Reactions: Beth

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beth, Beirmann also makes a version. I have used one of Johno's and found it to be similar, but not quite the same as a Provap110. A very good value IMO. If you have 110V power nearby, use can use an extension cord. If not, buy a 400 watt inverter and hook it up to your car, lawnmower, or ATV and it will supply all the portable power you need.
Thank you, JWPalmer,

I contacted Johno last night and heard from him this morning. I will have an outdoor outlet very close by, so I'll just need an extension cord.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am sure Johno's unit is quite good. I have Beirmann's unit, and it likewise is a great tool. I believe you will do fine with either.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't heard of the Beirmann's unit before this post. I did a search both here on BeeSource and on the web and didn't find anything. Where would I find this vap unit?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I've got one of those, works great. My high tech entrance reducers are in (piece of 1x2) so I dont bother drilling holes etc, just shoot in from the entrance. Had folks pop by to see it in operation, then when they got home immediately ordered one. For the price of the Pro-Vap 110 from BeeMaid in Alberta can have 3 of these from Joerg in Alberta.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got johno’s easy vap this summer. I can do all 20 hives, 45 minutes from leaving the house to coming back in, including putting the tools away and winding up my extension cord. Can’t beat it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.