Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's kinda dumb but I had fun and learned a little too! Harder than it looks and hopefully a little woonkys ok!? Bees on Saturday!!don't know why my stuff is always sideways and upside down!

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice work! Beware, building stuff is almost as addicting as beekeeping. It may be more expensive in the long run.

From the car in the photo, I think you may already be aware of that.:lpf:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have nine dollars fifty in what ya see! Tore out some old shelving at work and bobs your uncle! The nine bucks was for glue ha! Err... The car ,jeez you don't want to know!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Building woodenware from "found" wood has given me great pleasure, and kept me sane over the past winter.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I refer to working wood and bees as part of my mental heath therapy. Both can leave me scratching my head trying to figure something out but they're still good stress relievers.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
why would you try to figure things out when you can just copy the hive dimensions?
I just took out the original hive or from online infos to copy and cut them then assembled.
Don't want to use too much brain cells for this educational process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know it's kinda dumb but I had fun and learned a little too! Harder than it looks and hopefully a little woonkys ok!? Bees on Saturday!!don't know why my stuff is always sideways and upside down!
They look great ! How rewarding it's going to be to see your new bees thrive and fill those hives knowing you built them yourself !

·
Registered
211 Posts
from a 40 yr carpenter (retired) who happens to be a son and grandson of carpenters, good for you, if you have a table saw get yourself a good blade and it will become quite enjoyable, good work and good luck with the bees

1 - 14 of 14 Posts