Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what's up with Brushy Maountain? I've been trying to get through for a few days, but can't get a live person. No return calls from messages.

·
Registered
97 Posts
there is another post on here where they have had some communications issues but are working think they mentioned backed up about a week unless you pay for the rush order. its on here somewhere do a search see what comes up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just contacted Brushy Mountain today and had no problem getting through. I am going to pick up my order instead of having it shipped.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I ordered from them 2 weeks ago, got my stuff today. They are backed up a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered 3/24/09. Got the confirmation email but nothing else. They will not answer email or the phone. This may be my last time ordering from them. I get great fast service from Miller bee supply.

Blutick13

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Brushy Mountain is a great company. I once bought a pair of gloves on line. They didn'tfit at all.They gave me my money back AND a new pair of gloves. They are busy because they are good. With all the PR bees have been getting there is a glut of new beeks. Give them a break

dickm

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree with dicm.
Local bee box makers have made nearly 70% more than last year for others and are doing all they can to catch up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Two weeks ago their phone lines were busy non stop for days on end, I called for days and could only get a fast busy signal.
In fact one of the employees that called me about a problem I had said that she even had trouble getting a phone line out to make that call.
She said that they are insanely busy with orders coming in all day.
I usually order everything online anyway unless I have a question about something.

If you can just order online you are better off, if you need to talk to them tell them that in the comment box that is on the order form.
After you order your items there is a section for comments towards the end of the process just use that to make contact.
If you write that you must speak with someone before they process the order and you need them to either e-mail you or call you before processing the order then you are much more likely to get a response.
I did that 2 weeks ago when I could not get through to them and they called me the next day.

I called them today and they answered the phone on my first try to get through.
They said their shipping is running about a week out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great service, great products, but this time of year, it is understandable if you can't get a hold of them on the first try. It is akin to trying to get hold of a tax man on April 14th. It just the busy season. Keep trying, they'll make you happy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bmbf

I've been dealing with Steve and Sandy for a long time. I picked up 2 packages Saturday. They are a first rate company and first rate people. The quality of their products is excellent, and their customer service is the best.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been dealing with Steve and Sandy for a long time. I picked up 2 packages Saturday. They are a first rate company and first rate people. The quality of their products is excellent, and their customer service is the best.
I couldn't agree more. I too picked up 2 packages saturday and for all that was going on, it was great service. Fast curteous and well organized.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
We stopped by on the way to SC to pick up some equipment and such and what a really neat place and a bunch of great people. Steve (owner) searched us out and talked with us like we were old friends. I've ordered from them online but I have to say if you are ever in the neighborhood, and like winding, mountain roads, 200 year old log cabins and real southern Hospitatlity it's worth the trip!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I will not order anything from Brushy Mountain. After waiting two weeks for an order to ship, I called them and got an 'Yeah we're running behind, the shipping dept. didn't know they had orders to fill, so what' attidtude from the young lady I spoke to. Almost a week later I called again and got a sad story about how electricity was on and off in the building and no one wanted to work over the weekend.
I cancelled the order and will not spend another penny with them.:no:
Dadant and Mann Lake have always given superior service.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
That's unfortunate frysl. They all struggle some in the spring to fill orders. Brushy are some good people to do business with. I have dealt with all of the suppliers over the years and experienced hick-ups with all of them. None worth writing any of them off as suppliers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's unfortunate frysl. They all struggle some in the spring to fill orders. Brushy are some good people to do business with. I have dealt with all of the suppliers over the years and experienced hick-ups with all of them. None worth writing any of them off as suppliers.
Hick-ups we all have to deal with, attitude - not so much.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all

I was able to get through and was just notified that my order has been shipped. It took three weeks, but I understand that things are hectic this time of year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would also like to say I have had great service from Brushy Mountain. I ordered the copper hive tops from them & they customized them for me to allow me to put my own cover on. (I requested to have them without the copper) (I used tin & insulated mine..cost me like $15? per top...and I have the nice peaked roof for water run off) I spoke with the owner & he was super nice. Also they have a great double screen board for requeening. I have used it this year to run a 2 queen colony for awhile, while my weak hive built up it benefited from the heat of the strong (bottom) colony. Anyway- great people & service!:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts