Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I saw this model at the ABF conference in Orlando this past January. Looks very impressive, but the price tag was more than I wanted to spend....at least this year.

You can see one in action at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiLQeSs-9Zg&feature=related

It still looks a little balky. I think this would be better if you had one person pulling the frame from the super and cranking it through, then a second person loading the extractor. It has potential for a great volume.

I use a Kelley vibrating uncapping knife that I'm not totally satisfied with either. Some days my cold, serated bread knife made by RADA works the best.

All the best,

Grant
Jackson, MO

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Well it is 1,200 bucks for something that you can do with a 10 dollar decapping knife. So it is defiantly a toy that needs a number of frames to run through it. The big guys are using a machine that automatically does it. This is cool but, not a necessity for a side-liner.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well it is 1,200 bucks...this is cool but, not a necessity for a side-liner.
If the price was lower it might become a necessity! With a second person to take the "uncapped" frames out and put them in the extractor, I can see how this might save quite a bit of time.

As it is, in my situation, I load a 20-frame extractor and while those frames spin out I can uncap 20 more. I also work alone and at odd times as my schedule allows.

I wonder if they would "donate" one of these for a hands-on, real-life trial for some honest feedback. I'd volunteer.

Grant
Jackson, MO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.