Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done talking with a lady at Brushy and she says the PA branch will have packages for...

$72.00 total

They are $67.00 plus a handling charge of $5.00/package.

She said there may also be a price break on orders over 10 packages.
I think this is a great price and only about an hour away from me. I think I found my package supplier!

They are also getting their bees from Gardners!
:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too am ordering some packages from them! Great price. Last year my packages cost 109.00 and it took most of the day to go and pick them up! I met the people at EAS and think their company has great stuff as well as friendly helpful people. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
After I read these posts, I called Brushy Mountain about expected delivery dates for when packages might be in in PA location. I was told to call back on Feb 1 and they will know both the dates and prices. I was surprised and asked if she knew the prices yet and the lady answering the phone said that she did not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I called Brushy Mountain this afternoon at 4:45pm. This is the information I was given. They are only going to have 3lb. packages. The price will be $65.00 and they will not clip the queens. Queens will be marked for a extra charge. No word on pickup dates yet. Call back on Feb.1 to place order and get pickup dates.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello all,

Let me clear up a few things and set the record straight. We will have 3 pickup dates in NC and 2 in PA. The total price for a 3# package is $70. There is a price break at 10 packages. The pickup dates are all Saturdays regardless of location and they are pickup only. We do not ship packages. In NC the dates are March 27, April 10, and May 1. In Pennsylvania the dates are April 17 and May 8.

A few other important tidbits. These dates are "While Supplies Last" and orders must be placed and paid for in advance. To give everyone a fair chance, we do not start taking orders until February 1st. We do not ship packages. If you are just getting started, I suggest the second date, particularly in PA. The weather in mid-April can be a little fickle and a new package on new equipment will not have stored resources to weather a cold snap.

Cheers,
Shane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.