Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My suggestion would be to check the make and model of the manufacturer's tag on the motor that came with the extractor and then just google it online. Brushy Mountain didn't make motors. Off the top of my head Grainger's is usually a good starting point.

·
Registered
65 colonies +/- mostly Langstroth mediums, a few deeps for nuc production
524 Posts
Keep in mind that the motors were manufactured in Europe and are designed for 50 hz not 60hz. Not sure about 220 volts vs 110. Brushey converted the electrical system after they received them here.

·
Super Moderator
11,157 Posts
My understanding is that Brushy Mtn extractors were manufactured by the Italian company Saf Natura:
https://shop.safnatura.com/eng/extractors|motorized-bars/eco-motor/702/
You can try contacting Saf.

Or, you might find that other USA vendors are selling Saf products, perhaps importing them directly. It may be that you could buy an appropriate motor even though it doesn't come from Brushy. For instance, it may by worth contacting B&B Honey Farm:
https://www.bbhoneyfarms.com/store/...-replacement-parts/p-689-power-conversion-kit

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Keep in mind that the motors were manufactured in Europe and are designed for 50 hz not 60hz. Not sure about 220 volts vs 110. Brushey converted the electrical system after they received them here.
Most large manufactures will build equipment with the right motor for where it is being sent to/specified by the customer. The original motor may have been a 60Hz motor wired for 120V or it may have a 90VDC motor with a speed controller. If you find the manufactures motor tag you should be able to get any other motor with the same power, speed, mounting options, and output shaft diameter and swap it in.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
There are shops around that rebuild electric motors.Go to the yellow pages and see who is in your area.Usually they dont charge a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just be sure to check for free shipping! if they have it for what you are looking for. I have purchased a lot of items, electrical and non electrical from them and even though they are on the other side of the world they will gladly work with you if you have issues!

They may have what you need and then again maybe not! I did not look!

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-honey-extractor-motor.html

you can also check the next one and you can haggle a bit. Be sure to check shipping cost and MOQ (minimum order quantity)

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/honey-extractor-motor.html

again I did not check myself just got you to the page. I have also bought quite a bit from here!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the 9 frame manual crank. I bought a lathe motor kit from penn state for $120. Works perfectly. Comes with motor & speed controller. Had to fab up a bracket but that was easy. Painted it green to match trim. Looks like factory. Sure beats the $495 that BM wanted.

·
Vendor
341 Posts
Now that Brushy Mt is out of buisness, does anyone know where a replacement motor for the 9 frame extractor can be found?
We are now the USA distributor for SAF Natura. We stock all replacement parts and upgrade kits. We recommend ordering these items now, to make sure you are ready for extraction season. www.blueskybeesupply.com or (877) 529-9233

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought a lyson motor kit from betterbee. Had to purchase the shaft extensions which needed to be .250 longer. I put a tooth washer underneath the ball bearing to raise the shaft slightly to engage better. I have spun out twice so far and love having a motor. Oh yeah, I had to fasten the controller to an aluminum bar (offset to the side) so I could open the lids to load and unload.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi... I have the 9 frame Brushy Mountain extractor, it is well built and works nicely. Just make sure you have something to mount it to so that it does not walk on ya! Across the floor that is

1 - 13 of 13 Posts