Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anyone has ever gotten bees from Brushy Mountain? What breeds do they offer and what was the price? Trying to plan for spring, I can't wait!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I already have 2 nucs ordered from Mike, I have great luck with his bees plus he is a very cool guy, and helpful. I just wanted to get some packages too. I think they're exciting to start.
Melissa

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Melissa,

I too will be looking at Brushy Mountain for packages. I called the North Carolina office earlier this month and they didn't yet have the prices, but they were going to offer them at they Lewisburg PA location. I don't know where they get their bees and when we might be able to pick them up.

Nucs are hard to find that are driveable distance away.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Centralpaguy,
brushy mtn. has a location in the Lewisburg area? Isn't that location is in the Williamsport area.

Melissa A

I don't know how for you are from Bjorn, but I had good look with his bees. He also let me go into his nuc yard and physically pick out my nuc! They were my best bees this year.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Melissa,

I did talk with Mike last week and all his Springtime nucs are sold.

The Brushy Mountain location is in the Williamsport area. I am hungry just to take a drive and say Hello.

Last year, I got 15 packages in Mid-April from Beeline and I was grateful for them. He might be offering some, but my druthers are to pay a little more for nucs, even if I have to drive. So, I am keeping my eyes open in the surrounding states.

To spread out my risk of not obtaining bees, I have a friend (Dillsburg) area who is driving down to Georgia to pick up packages. The earliest that he could get them is May 7. He is picking up 35 packages of which 10 will be for me. I would rather have them in April, but that is how it goes.

Are you a member of the York Club.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a member of Susquehanna Beekeepers Assoc., However I live in Luzerne county...embarassing to say anymore with the whole corruption scandal.(w/ the judges not the beekeepers..lol) I'm just want to make sure I line up all the bees I want before they are sold out.

Melissa

·
Registered
508 Posts
Brushy get's their Italian stock from a reputable breeder in GA. Can't remember the name though. I bought two in NC last year from them and it was somewhere between $65 - $70 each. So far my two hives are still alive, however I have serious concerns of one.

Brushy only sells packages.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Brushy Mtn used to get their packages from Wilbanks. Last year they changed and got them from Gardner's. I don't know where they'll get them this year but I'd guess Gardner's again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts