Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for old brood comb for swarm traps next spring any one willing to sell 10- 20 deeps shipped if not close 75410 Texas even just comb would be ok shoot me a price thanks

·
Registered
Bee Wrangler
742 Posts
OOOHHH!! that is supposed to be inspected before shipping, you (and you beeking neighbors) could be asking for more than you bargained for.

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,531 Posts
Are you looking for 10 to 20 deep boxes worth (100-200 frames) or 10-20 total frames? I have a health certificate so could ship to you.

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Let me look to see what I can come up with. Been culling a lot of comb for beeswax. Most everything I will have is foundationless deeps supported with fishing line.

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
In many states it is illegal to import drawn comb from out of state. It is usually not worth the hassle. I have agreed to ship 10 frames from my inspected apiary for use in swarm traps.

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
No, the apiary is provided a certificate of health which is good for one year. However, some states, like Florida, inspect hives as they cross the state line, and others simply do not allow comb or bees on comb into the state at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts