Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone give me a starter course on brood box manipulation. I'm winging it by moving outside frames to inside and vice versa. The inner I left staggered 1 empty 1 full 1 empty. Does this sound alright?

·
Registered
706 Posts
No keep the brood cluster togeather! all you need to do is on the outer frames, a good exsample is say you have 4 fully drawn out frames but the two on the out side of that only have comb drawn out facing the brood ball, you turn those around so the comb is facing out thats about it on that.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
If you're trying to get the frames all pulled, just move the outer towards the inside without breaking up the brood area. It seems that the closer the frames are to the center, the quicker the bees make comb. No special formula is needed, just keep the brood together.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are the risks if a messed it up? Should I change the frames again? I moved them yesturday around 7 pm.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
If your temps are fairly warm and you didn't break up the brood too much, you're probably OK. If you have doubts, it won't hurt to move the brood back together. Don't kill yourself trying to fill each frame with brood. The bees do what's best. You can suggest but you can seldom mandate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts