Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the minimum temp range for this incubator. Will it maintain a low enough temperature for queens? I've pulled mine out from years ago. Manual adjustment, not digital. Hopes are to graft in about an hour, but I'm not sure I can trust this incubator. Believe it or not, the still air incubator I used last time did work, but it is huge and doesn't have a fan to circulate air.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I can not tell you about the incubator you are asking about. I bought a Humidaire long before Brinsea were available. I do know that you can purchase an Inkbird controller that has a pretty tight differential and a remote probe to control your incubator if it proves to not go low enough for your use. Look for them at a home brew supplier. I have one running right now for seed starting bottom heat.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tpope, thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind. We are test running the incubator right now and it looks like it may maintain a low enough temp. I'm hoping the fan will be a bonus and not just dry out the cells. I'm filling the water channels, so humidity should stay high enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts