Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in south central Pa and my bees are bringing in pollen. What flowers are in bloom?
Mike A.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Here north of Baltimore bringing in lots of pollen, a lot colored lemon yellow, and some colored orange. Pussy willows are not open enough yet. I don't know where the girls are getting it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Same here in Virginia. Last weekend they were loaded down with pollen. Still bringing it in this weekend as well.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We've had pollen since the 3rd week of Feb (in town hive) its almost always from Elm trees this early.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went down to the hives today. They were very active at the entrance with a rather large cloud of bees hovering out front. It was good to see young bees flying (nice and fuzzy instead of the older beat up ones) most of the afternoon. I was able to see some bringing in yellow pollen. Wasn't expecting that since I just started to see the grass.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Mine have light tan pollen today. Bright yellow/orange is dandelions, they often start to bloom here and there very early. Snowdrops are up, might be a few crocus up in protected spots, hellebore might still be in bloom. If it's out there, the bees will find it.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts