Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! We're new to beekeeping from LA (lower Alabama)! My husband has studied beekeeping for years, and the family as a whole finally decided to go for it this year. I'm studying First Lessons in Beekeeping (although more of a hands-on learner personally) and reading online and am going to join our local beekeeping group. Our 8 year old daughter got a beesuit for her birthday and is studying like me (and seems to be a faster learner than her mom!) She's SOOO cute in her suit and not one bit scared of the bees!

We actually caught a small swarm a few weeks ago, and are thrilled with them (got my first stings-I'm not allergic-woohoo!) In our small town we're now officially the local bee experts by default and have tried to catch two more swarms in two weeks without the beginner's success we experienced a few weeks ago! We're waiting on our 3 packages of bees to get here in a couple of weeks, so I felt like it was time to make some "bee-friends"!

I've enjoyed reading all the posts and look forward to being a part of your group!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi neighbor! I live in LA also (Monroe county). Hope you have a great time with your bees; it's the coolest hobby in the world!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome,

I do more reading than posting, I live in Dothan, most of my bees are in Slocomb at my farm though. What town do you live in? I would be glad to assist yall in any way if you need anything.

Adam

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am from Blount county Alabama and a newbee I started a couple of weeks ago and now have 3 hives. This is really an addicting hobby. Good Luck to ya!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Glad to have you here...these are great bee folks to be with!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome aboard, Coffee County! That's where my dad's people are from -- and he and I still drive down there every now and then (at 94, though, the trips are fewer and farther between). Happy beeking!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
that is a cool story.
i used to help my grandfather when i was a kid and recently (as in last week) got a hive going again on the same homestead where i was originally introduced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts