Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i wanted an easy jig to make box joints with, so i made this one after looking at the dovetail jigs at the woodworking show last month. i use a 1/2" straight router bit with a 1/2" bearing. i designed it for medium boxes. if the boards are cut exactly 6.625, then the boards are symmetric. the long sides are cut on the left side and the ends are cut on the right. i reamed 2 holes for 1/2' dowel pins when i machined the fingers, so all i had to do was clamp a 2" x 6" to the 1/2" dowels when i screwed the jig to the 2"x 6" and it was perpendicular to the fingers. i may make same changes to make it quicker to clamp the boards such as adding a t slot to the 2"x 6" with a clamp so that i dont need a deep throat clamp. or i might make it shorter. currently it is a little under 12" so it could be used for deeps also. any thoughts? this could probably be made from wood also, using a dado just like making a box joint on a table saw, but go deeper to make a jig.
crabbydad
box joint jig 002.jpg box joint jig 003.jpg box joint jig 004.jpg box joint jig 005.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure how much i would charge if i made some to sell. depends on how many people wanted one. if the demand is high enough then i would have to buy material. for a couple, i would just borrow it from work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts