Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my 2nd winter, and I bought a used TBH off of craigslist.

Green mold on old comb from a deadout, I think it had been in a barn. Here's the photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morgan_v1/12567091355/in/photostream/player/

Decisions, decisions...

  1. It must be pennicillin, do nothing.
  2. Scorch all surface areas.
  3. Use a bleaching solution.
  4. Clean with Essential Oils instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can see the logic in what ruthiesbees is recommending; however, in addition to the top bars shown in the link below there are a few other visible areas with green mold inside the box (not pictured).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/morgan_v1/12567171773/player/

The mold spores are certainly everywhere in the box now, but what's the risk of that? Molds are everywhere! Aren't the bees naturally conditioned to handle this sort of situation?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top