Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1973 Power Cat. 18’, Stick steer. With a 1988 40 h.p. Evinrude Motor. And Trolling Motor. Gonna need a little TLC. But not bad for $350.00 I will get some pics this weekend. It's basically across the street from me but it's to muddy to get my truck down the "alley" to get it pulled out. A buddy is bringing over his 4 wheeler with a tow hitch to get it for me.

Gotta rush to get it lake ready. Crappie will be moving up in the creeks in a week or two. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. That's just Texas ingenuity. Or ********. :D

Trade ya some crappie for Nutra Bee. :cool:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. He was asking 500.00 got'em down a little. I took my boss with me to look at it. He is an avid fisherman. He said either you buy it right now or I am. :D I could sell the motor tomorrow for 500+ easy.

It was their Angler Model. Just like this one.

http://www.powercatboat.com/brochure/1973/1973BB07.jpg

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the problem. Swarm Calls and Creeks are busy at the same time!! Gonna be taking swarm calls while fishing. Hook up the boat go get some bees at dark, cleaning fish after that. Best of both worlds. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've heard that these are the best two days for a boat owner...

1) The day you buy it...

2) The day you sell it...

Hope it works out well for you. Have fun!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've heard that these are the best two days for a boat owner...

1) The day you buy it...

2) The day you sell it...

Hope it works out well for you. Have fun!
boat stand for

B-bust
O-out
A-anouther
T-thousand
:D:D

Right now it is called the Creekster. Will are going to drive it up in the shallow creeks and wear them out, and use my buddies center console boat for the main lake fishing. I am currently putting in a new floor and doing some cosmetic work to it. So I know what you mean B.O.A.T. :p

How about we come up with a cool name for the boat. Has to be Bee Realted. We will come up with the coolest names and then narrow it down or do the winning name with a poll, or something like that. . I will sticker the boat with the winning name and then it shall remain named. Until we change it again. :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Swarm Caster!

Boat- A hole in the water that you fill with money.

That reminds me I need to order a new prop for my boat.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Those are my Home Depot runnin tires. On the weekends I put on the Super Swamper TSL's 33x12.50x15's to get me to the backwater fishin hole's.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are my Home Depot runnin tires. On the weekends I put on the Super Swamper TSL's 33x12.50x15's to get me to the backwater fishin hole's.

It looks like it might have some Eagle Rims too. Early-Mid 90's style. :thumbsup:

Mrs. Hambone approved too. She like the striping.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Looks like the next of kin came to Lake Geneva for a visit! :lpf:

Took this today. Had to circle around the block to take it. Would love to see the guy trying to get in or out of it!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny!!

What in the wide, wide, world of sports is going on up there? First the yota..now this??

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
I have no idea, but I'm keeping my camera on the ready. :D This truck looked really funny from the front as the tires were quit narrow.
I was talking to Dennis M. yesterday about pickups and he said it's common where he lives for diesel owners to modify their trucks so that they belch out a big cloud of smoke when they shift. Funny, I saw one doing just that today! The truck was fairly new and all tricked out. Why? :eek:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have any before pics that I can find. But I gutted the floor, had a buddy of mine build me some stainless seat bases, couple carb kits, some rewiring, and I am just about good to go. Same guy that built my seats built me some rod holders. Crappie are getting hot and I am fishing a catfish tourney in it in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts