Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a fair amount of books on bee keeping and culture on this site, but does anyone have feedback on which book would be best for a novice?

·
Registered
629 Posts
A good book to get the feel of beekeeping is A BOOK OF BEES by SUE HUBBELL. Takes you through a year of beekeeping in Southern Missouri. Dale

·
Registered
165 Posts
Beekeeping for Dummies is a good place to start. It's written for the novice hobbyist beekeeper, and the information is presentd very clearly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree with the Beekeeping for Dummies also James Tew has a new book on Beekeeping Basics that is really good. I got mine through A.I. Root.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really like A Book of Bees,Beekeeping for Dummies. A couple more to read are How to Keep Bees and Sell Honey(Walter T. Kelly) and Hive Management(Richard E. Bonney).
Good Luck!

P.S Look on E-bay half dot com for books just bought A Book of Bees for about 5 dollers with shipping!!!!!

[This message has been edited by pancho (edited September 23, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
I also like "A Book of Bees", but it's more along the lines of a one year beekeeping journal. A good beginner's beekeeping manual is "The Beekeeper's Handbook" by Sammataro and Avitabile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts