Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year someone said there was a bookkeeping program just for us. I have been looking for it but came up with nothing
can anyone help

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya we all run a negative spreadsheet I will give it a try if I don't find something else.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Have not tried it but, this is a program out there.

Link Removed by Poster
Link Removed by Poster

Ordered 20 packages so I will be figureing out something soon myself. :eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found one that was free called
outright.com

I may give it a try or see if we find anything else

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya the programs that people try, get you trouble is all over the place I putting in 115 at a pumpkin farm.
life is full of unexpected things so be careful ya all

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Quickbooks is great for keeping track of income and expenses, if thats what your looking for. It's pricey, but I needed something to use for three separate small business ventures. With quickbooks, I was able to set up three separate companies. The thing I like is you can set up classes, so at the end of the year, it breaks down how much was spent for candle making supplies, how much was earned in candle sales; same for honey, lip balm, hand salve, etc. Also can track mileage, taxes etc,filter reports to show sales to a particular customer and a million other things.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just finished up the advanced class for QuickBooks. Looks promising for all my projects. I am slowly being dragged out of the stoneage kicking & screaming into the 21st century.

Because of the wholesale & retail sales of bee products, the manufacturing of woodenware etc. for sale, and the service of swarm control and pollination: it was recommended that the 'Premier - Accountant version would best fit my needs.
You can pull what you need from each industry and design it just for you, with the 'Pro level' you can't. And QuickBooks is designed to be used by someone without a bookeeping or accounting background, which is exactly what I am.

Thru the freelance instructor with the local junior college I got a 30% discount for the software(should arrive Monday). It still all added up to a chunk, but should save me alot of headache and my failing memory, and let me track better what is happening during the season and year to year.

It is very customizable. You can change it around at any time, add categories etc. You only add the data once and it puts in all the slots it should be in. It will accept your logo, type style on all the forms you need.
They have been at it for years and will be for years to come, so help is just a phonecall away.

I get carried away sometimes, sorry but I am excited about this one. I may actually get my money's worth and it will do what I need.

Later

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
OK. this one is safe :D

http://www.beetight.com/

Welcome to Beetight: Free online bee hive tracking and record keeping.

Beetight is a free web application for beekeepers and is the best way to manage your hives and track them online or on your phone or PDA. You'll wonder how you ever survived with the old notebooks and spreadsheets!

Easy inspection records

* Easily record details of inspections and manipulations
* Record treatments and feeding
* Track colony temperament
* Record honey harvests, including records of nectar sources and batch codes

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have looked at quick books ya the price is very high will have to budget for it next year Iam also looking at turbo tax and record keeping.
if any other Ideas let me know.
Thanks Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts