Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

book recomendation

472 8
can anyone recommend a bee book that contains lots of information about splitting hives? letting hives raise their own queens
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Swarming and its Control and Prevention by L.E. Snelgrove is a book that I'm currently intrigued by.
You can download a PDF file of it. AbeBooks.com was my source but shipping from Britain is pricey now. Reprints are available from Amazon if you want an actual book in you hands. The gist of it is only 36 pages in length.

You can search up a fair bit of discussion of it here on Beesource. I have been in on a few of them. It works well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
"Beekeeping at Buckfast Abby" is supposed to be top notch. I have not read it though.

I have a copy of "The Hive and the Honey Bee". Its more online with an encyclopedia devoted just to beekeeping.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
You can download a PDF file of it. AbeBooks.com was my source but shipping from Britain is pricey now. Reprints are available from Amazon if you want an actual book in you hands. The gist of it is only 36 pages in length.

You can search up a fair bit of discussion of it here on Beesource. I have been in on a few of them. It works well.
And the nuts and bolts of it are about 10 pages, written by Wally Shaw. The Many Uses Of A Snelgrove Board. Pretty sure I downloaded it here J

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recommend "Increased Essentials: Nuclei, Management, Wintering" by Lawrence John Connor. It's a small book but contains a lot of concentrated information and I refer to it often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts