Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

701 - 704 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yes Glenn,
I've the same or similar problems here, lack of motivation and failing eyesight. I just can't seem to see eggs and can't find the queens anymore. So like you, I seldom get into them other than check the top super. But it's still good therapy for me to have a few hives so I keep them going.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #702 · (Edited)
Russ
My bearding does not match yours yet but I do have slatted racks which I believe helps some. Lots of extra empty space with the supers I just added also.

and

As you can see, I treat my wife much better then I treat my bees. I had a yard full of clover that the bees were working and I chopped it down so that our house could look as good as the joneses. I have a big yard and it was hard to do but I manned up. As you can see, my bee yard is not so big but it still has weeds.
Cheers
gww
Ps As always my pictures are bad and I don't really show they pretty nice balls of bees hanging under the landing board. I pretty much never do a very good job showing what I am trying to take a picture of.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I do have slatted racks which I believe helps some.
GWW:

Good update, and how I identify with the struggle to keep the yard presentable when there is clover in bloom.

I also run slatted racks on my 8-frame Langs and I am always impressed by how many bees will hang-out in the vestibule below the rack and the entrance. While anecdotal, I think there is something to them.

Still no swarms in your neighborhood?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #704 ·
Russ
I have seen no sigh of swarming or even interest in my traps that might fool me.
Cheers
gww

701 - 704 of 704 Posts