Hate to disagree with my fellows but this season has been really rainy and soggy here in upstate New York. My hives had had some mold under the top covers. I wouldn't introduce mold into a hive. perhaps washing off the mold and allowing to dry thoroughly might be safer. The honey is probably fine and I have fed back old frames with honey with no issues.
A forum community dedicated to beekeeping, bee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, honey production, health, behavior, hives, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!