Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't seen any blooming, but it wouldn't surprise me, everything else has been early. I'm not sure my bee's have built up enough to take advantage of the early bloom.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Its funny I have heard several people say thinks are blooming early. We are way behind here in Fl. The weather has really been messed up this year.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rick , how are your new packages doing? I get mine this Sat and its suppose to rain, my luck again. They really set me back this spring being 2 wks late. Spring is really early this year and very dry for April, we do need the rain.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
full bloom in daviess and ohio counties, maybe a week early. get the supers on! good luck,mike

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ours have not started yet, I'm outside of Louisville......I have about 20 trees on our farm. I've been checking them. It does seem a bit early. I believe our trees bloomed around the first week of May last year. Good luck with the honey.

I've been feeding to get my numbers up for a good haul of black locust. I need about one more week for buildup. They are up in the second deeps, but only about three frames. I'm going to reduce one hive down to one hive body and put on Ross rounds.....hopefully I'll get them filled.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I got my packages from Jim Coss and are doing well. I put 2 in top bars and 2 in regular hives.They are doing well but the locust blooms will only go for brood on those hives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts