Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These dont buzz they google. I am sure it is from google as I am working through Google Chrome so I need to get rid of them for sure.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Running Chrome.....and I'm not seeing anything like that.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Firefox here, and all I'm getting are pictures of some really good looking sub sandwiches. It makes me hungry. :scratch:

·
Registered
646 Posts
The ads will be based on your search history. I keep getting stuff I've searched for work and hunting boots I got for my son. They clearly aren't correlating purchase history, but try to keep it relative.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
The ads will be based on your search history. I keep getting stuff I've searched for work and hunting boots I got for my son. They clearly aren't correlating purchase history, but try to keep it relative.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a "bought it already" app? Probably bad for google though.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I am getting a car add. I occasionally click on a home depot/mann lake/other adds to intentionally skew the filters so I atleast get less completely garbage adds.

edit: my add blocker seems to work here also. I turn it off on some sites I actually care about though so they can get some money from me using their seight

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
THANK YOU, ELMER!!! That is a great strategy. :D

I had phone marketers one week last year - one guy couldn't stop telling me how many "frequent flyer miles" that I would be getting until I interrupted him. I said, "Hey buddy, I own an airplane." He said, "Oh." I hung up. No more calls.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use firefox browser and use their free adds blocker so I dont get any of the adds.
The only adds that really annoy me are pop up adds that make another window. Pay sites is what I don't do so I'm with elmer_fud on letting the websites make their add money to keep it free.
ks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I use firefox browser and use their free adds blocker so I dont get any of the adds.
Same here, you can also go into adblocl plus preferences and change how your browsing is tracked for marketing, have mine set to no tracking period.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts