Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
And I have thought about it. I know these things because I've been one of these well-meaning individuals and since learned enough to realize how ridiculous that is.

Treatment free remains my goal, as it is, I'm sure for most of you. I have come to believe that commercial beekeepers are the ones most likely to get us there, as they have all the bees.
So true

VP is TF
Latshaw is TF
who is ordering those expensive($300-$600) II breeders? Not joe blow split and let die.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
"oh well, let us stick to science. let them have their beliefs and intuitions!"
Giggle of the day: I'm reminded of the long held (for 20+ years!) belief and intuition of the scientific community of the Varroa destructor mite feeding upon hemolymph!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Better to be called Crazy Roland than Premature Roland. (On your prediction I mean)

·
Registered
284 Posts
" Invest in swarm traps.
Let no swarm call go unanswered." Even if the swarm comes from a 'commercial hive' that is so healthy it just has to replicate! ??

So much chafe, so few kernels.

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not sure why a guy who has been breeding his "strong bees and weak mites" for 12 years would want to pollute this awesome breed, with swarms of unknown origin.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
"A bit of a giggle" ha ha, yes, haven't thought about him in a while. I guess as long as there are people still willing to listen to a guy whose years of bee experience have, to this point, netted him some speaking engagements and a handful of live hives then more power to him. To each his own....

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Look at it this way:

All of those unsuspecting sheep that follow him only to fail, will get a taste of REAL honey, and after they are done beekeeping , will gladly pay that rich price we are asking.

Crazy Roland

21 - 28 of 28 Posts