Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm in Birmingham, AL and in the learning and studying year before staring off with my first hives next spring. A local beekeeping shop's site (Foxhound Bee Co) sent me in the direction of this forum, and I'm so glad to have found it! I look forward to learning and growing.

My primary goal is pollination and gardening, but I'm interested in collecting honey and working with wax to a lesser extent as well. I'd like to just provide a home for the bees and help them stay healthy and do their thing!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Katherine:

Welcome to the forum. From my very humble vantage point, I think you are making a very wise choice by taking a year to learn all you can about beekeeping before diving-in headfirst. This year will give you time to consider your options and make confident decisions about your approach- and be better prepared to succeed.

Best of success to you in this your 'cram' year.

And again welcome!

Russ

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Hey Katherine! Well, you got off to an excellent start by finding Adam Hickman at Foxhound Bee Company. I also did a year of study, classes and meetings before I got my first 2 packages. While I have still made countless mistakes, I know I saved myself from many problems by putting in that work before I ever got bees. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts