Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears as though someone in the St. Lawrence County, NY, Town of Madrid has used Craigslist to bilk bee buyers. People sent this guy money for Nucs he said would be available in May. No nucs and no one answers when people call his cell phone. One guy sent this person $750.00 and another $100.00. There are probably others who have done the same. So, be careful people. Know who you order your bees from.

If anyone reads this and think they have been scammed too they should contact Craigslist.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
It's not just Craigslist. Some of us on here have been beat by Dansk Farms for April queens this year. Not able to contact by phone, no email response, no delivery of paid in advance queens. And this is the email I received in Nov. 2013 from Dansk Farms after inquiring about last years non delivery and refund issues:

Dear XXX,
Thank-you for contacting me. I have made an update to the website that will allow you to order for April 1st or 15th. It would be best to use the PayPal payment method, because Amazon requires orders to be shipped within 30 days. I have addressed the production issues by limiting the maximum order quantity. Last season I had accepted a few large orders that were too ambitious for me to handle on my own. There is still some environmental risk that I do not have control over. So I am maintaining a conservative production schedule. Full refunds were issued on the few unfilled orders last season. I understandably lost several customers, so it was a difficult lesson to learn.

Best Regards,
Joe Willingham
Dansk Farms

Go figure.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Deal locally on CL. Never sent money until you verify the products and bee operation.
Do all the contact first to get their infos before sending any money.
It is time to call the local authority unless it is far far away. People who don't know how
to protect themselves will be scammed for sure online.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I found a guy on Craigslist and got good bees from him. I only paid 30% down though. The unfortunate reality of today's world is it is full of scammers. From the highest posts in Government to the bee salesman on Craigslist. Sad.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I hate to hear that but there are scammers in every facet of American it seems. I do understand that Craigslist is an easy way to advertise services, but at the same time as a buyer I would have a hard time paying money up front to a person who posts a Craigslist add for bees. I may sell bees on CL one day so I may change my tune about that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Another reason to buy local. The people I bought bees from locally have been more than supportive with "bee tech support" and any issues with the bees that might have come up. With livestock, for me it just seems especially tough to buy non local (maybe the day will come for me). Though I am trying a queens from bee weaver this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts