Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for thoughts / discussion on best way to secure full drums of honey on a trailer when transporting over the road.

I've always centered drums over axles and screwed a 2x6 down to the wooden deck in front and rear of the drums to keep them from sliding forward incase of a panic stop, strapped around then over the tops of the drums. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on best practices for securing a small load of full drums to keep them put rather than screwing down a board to the deck... Wondering if there's a better way as I can't imagine that over time a bunch of screw holes in my wood deck in the center of the trailer is a good thing. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
you might put a layer or two of emty drums on first then run a strap up high to pull them into the emty drums. To keep the strap from riding down put 2x4 with a notch at the top to hold the strap up. Then strap as normal.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Put some cardboard down on the deck first. It will help to keep them from sliding. Looks like you got things figured out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts