Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job in the Charlotte, NC area to trap a hive out of a tree. I'm thinking I want to wait until Spring to do this providing they survive and are building. Any suggestions for helping them through the Winter if waiting is best, or should I go for them now? WJPowers

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I'd just let them bee in their tree this winter. Not much you can do to improve the accomodations they've picked for themselves.

Is there a hurry to do the trapout in the spring? You will want to wait until there is sufficient population to make it worthwhile. Perhaps do it on the flow?

Wayne

·
Registered
243 Posts
beepower; I trap bees out <5> this year , If it was before 1995 I would take trap them out ,but now that we have hive beetles we will have to feed them all winter.before shb after the bees were trapped out we would wait two week after the bee stopped coming out ,take the screen off and they would move the honey from the tree,wall, or what ever into the new hive . but not any more , the shb lay their eggs and the honey is a mess.so now I push the screen into the hole spray it and seal it. good luck rock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts