Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first year and need to order some bottles. I think 1lb for sure but was wondering about 8 or 12 oz or 2lbs. 8oz seems small but more options out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
I went 8 oz and 1 pound. Now looking at them I am wishing I would have included 2 pound.

I am sure the 8 oz will sell for the folks that want to buy some but have only a few bucks. My first year, so I guess we will find out what they want.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use 8oz, 16oz, and 32oz. I sell more 8oz than 16oz. It's nice to have options but don't make it confusing. People will buy what you have available.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've sold mostly 1#, and a few 8oz, and the least of 2#

As far as best size bottles, I can't leave here without saying my favorite is a 1.75

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I should have added the 8 oz. bottle to go along with my 1 lb, maybe next year, but I would offer a 2 or 3 lb. bottle for the folks who use alot of honey and want a little better price on quantity. John

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Variety is the secret to selling a lot of honey. Different sizes. Different colors of honey. Creamed honey. Comb honey. Chunk honey. Other bee products like propolis or pollen. There is no "best size". The best size is variety. I also like to have the plain bottles and the fancy bottles.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This year I've been offering pints 1.5#), quarts (3#), and 12 oz. bear squeeze bottles. And the quarts outsell everything else going away.
Regards,
Steven

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I am using the mason Jars from Walmart in 4 oz, then 1/2 pint, pint, and quart. We sell a lot of 4 oz and 1/2pints and pints....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went with 12 oz, 1lb flip top and 1lb inverted. I am planing on adding more in the future to see what ppl here like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts