Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone love the forums. My question is what is some good books for a newbie to read. I have met with a local beek who owns many hives and he is giving me some great advice. But I was wondering what would be some good reading before I start my hives in the spring. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
this is my first years as well and i think this site is the best wealth of knowledge you can find. but if your looking for a book i like bee keeping for dummies. it is easy to read and goes through everything step by step.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Don't overlook the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum - it contains a lot of good tips and suggestions for those just starting out.

Check your local library for books/videos on beekeeping. Read as much as you can.

After you finish reading (and bookmarking) Michael Bush's site, consider reading some of the step-by-step lessons at David Burns' site:
http://www.honeybeesonline.com/lessons.html

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Reading? Who has time for reading? We're all on beesource. What more do you need to read?

How about, after Michael Bush's website, you get yourself a copy of Practical Beekeeping or 50 years amongst the hives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is my first year beekeeping. I agree Michael Bush's website is terrific and I've spent a lot of time reading on there. As for books, I found Backyard Beekeeping by Kim Flottum. I really like all of the pictures in the book. They make it easier to understand what is being explained. They say a picture's worth a thousand words.....trite, but true...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts