Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I make my own but i also make them for other people. What are you looking for. I build to order instead of stocking up a bunch of cut parts.

8.75 deeps
6.75 mediums
4.75 for shallows

frames are .90 each
.80 100 - 249
.70 250 - 500
.60 501 - 750
.50 750 - 1000

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know alot of you shop around like I do. Where is the best place to by woodware? service, quality and price.I hate when you don't get all the parts for frames or not enough nails and when the wood is junk.

https://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_37&products_id=64
Part of the problem today is that most of the wood that we can get is crap to begin with.
Finding wood without knots is impossible unless you go with number 1 pine and that my friend costs 37.85 per 12' board. It puts the cost out of sight.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
When I buy lumber from the sawmill and build my own, knots are fine, as long as they're tight. Never had any problems with them. Much,much cheaper.

·
Registered
255 Posts
UNFORTUNATELY there are no pine sawmills around here. When i go get materials though you should see me cuss the quality. IF what is on the rack is crap, i make management get me a bundle out from the back and i go through it. I TRY my best to get lumber with no knots larger than a half dollar. And if i am forced to deal with large ones i pick lumber that i can cut between the large knots so as to eliminate them. This drives my cost up higher but i try to make the best i can out of what i can get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Building your own is probably the best cheapest way to go if in fact you have the time to do so and enough knowledge with a hammer and perhaps power tools to create it properly. A few how-to videos never hurt anyone either.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just ordered from Humble Abodes in Maine - haven't received stuff yet but should this week. If you buy 50 or more frames (wedge-top shallows), they're $.63 each - pretty low. Now we'll have to see if they're strong and straight.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good to know. I like to buy local, and this was the most local I could find that offered 8-frame equipment. And excellent prices overall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts