Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking the beginner's class at Betterbee in Greenich, NY on March 13.

Any one ever taken a class there? I'd like to hear your opinion if you did.

Thanks!

Diane

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
If you are close = take it :thumbsup: there is always something to learn at every class :applause:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Diane, I've taken the beginner class as well as the courses they offer from Cornell Univ. Also they have a Field Day for free were you can work and inspect hives with the speakers. Betterbee is very proactive and I learned all the basics from them. Betterbee got me off to a great start and earned my business!
Mike

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I took all of their candle,soap, and lotion making classes and it really helped me add to my honey sales. I also attend the annual field day which is great. They are very good people. You should also try to make it to the Southern Adirondack Beekeeping seminer on March 27th. It's at the SUNY Albany campus. another great day with beekeepers from all over the area

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took all of their candle,soap, and lotion making classes and it really helped me add to my honey sales. I also attend the annual field day which is great. They are very good people. You should also try to make it to the Southern Adirondack Beekeeping seminer on March 27th. It's at the SUNY Albany campus. another great day with beekeepers from all over the area
:eek: Looks fascinating but this might be too *hardcore* for me right now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice everyone. i'm going to register for the class and get my beekeeping adventure off to a great start!

These forums are a huge help also.

Diane

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took the class at BetterBee last March. We (in that class) were fortunate in having as the main speaker and older gentleman who had been keeping bees for many years.

I do wish I had found this forum prior to that class though. With the information found here as a background, I would have been able to ask more intelligent questions.

One thing, dress warmly! :D The room the class was held in is heated (I think) by body heat.

After the class, probably as everyone was heading to get warmed up, there was none of the lingering and after class chatter I would have expected.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ben,

If you haven't yet, and are close to Saratoga, check out the Southern Adirondack Beekeepers assoc. They are a pretty nice group and very active. They helped me alot when I was new.

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts