Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to check on my hives today and once I got in there the bees seemed much less active than they normally are. In the spring and summer they seemed much more active and defended the hive much more, but today they all quickly went inside and no bees really flew up at my face, which is uncommon for them. I was worried the hive was being robbed because I saw a yellow jacket near there, but nothing else seemed to point to robbing (no chewed comb, no fighting, mostly capped honey). I did see one area of uncapped honey but I think that may just have been burr comb I broke off.

I put a new box on in the mid summer because the top one was completely full, but checking it today they hadn't even pulled wax on it, so I took it off.

Were they clustered and I disturbed them? It was 65 degrees out and clear, and I saw a few bees at the entrance board. I'm a little worried about them... hoping it's just a weaker hive.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,816 Posts
If you have been lurking on Beesource for any time, you know the first questions are: when did you last treat for mites, what did you use, and how sucessful was it? Healthy bees should be active at 65° and clear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts