Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I extracted a few deep frames over the weekend to help alleviate back filling issues with a couple of my hives (only 4 frames). I put the extractor and other equipment out for the girls to clean up and they aren't even remotely interested. I have talked to a couple other beeks and they are seeing the same thing.

My initial guess is that because the flow is still pretty good in my area and that they would rather have the nectar.

Last year when I would leave the equipment out they would be all over it in an hour, but that was much later in the season.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I've seen the same. Extracted 3 supers early so I could put them back on empty, set the extractor etc out on the driveway when I was done. The bees were flying right over it on the way to whatever they were working on, totally ignored it for 2 days. But did they ever like those empty wet supers we put back onto the hives. When we extracted again in late August, completely different story. I put the extractor out in the same spot, and within 20 minutes it was covered with bees.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Rinse with clean water, add the right yeast, and you may end up with a really delicious drink!:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Before refrigeration dried meat was what we ate when there was no fresh meat available. Honey is what bees eat when there's no necter available

1 - 7 of 7 Posts