Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've found 2 bees inside the house. One was dead on the carpet, I'm assuming the dog got it. He doesn't like anything buzzing him and will snap/kill them when in close proximity. The other I was able to catch on the window and release. Where are they coming from ? Unless they get vacuumed inside when the doors open/close like flies.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Maybe they are a couple of scouts doing their job? Two bees does not seem like something to be concerned about. Have you checked for a nearby swarm?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. No, I haven't checked for a swarm. There is so much buzzing around the yard with my wifes flower gardens, it's hard to tell where one would be located....This morning one was buzzing around me before coming in the garage access door to the kitchen. Had to wait until she left. The one that I captured was my own Russian kind. Come to think of it, I remember having a bucket of empty foundation with some comb on it outside in the garage. Maybe there's a residue of some sort on it. I'll have to remove it to the basement, out of site/smell.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I have bees that "hitchhike" on my cloths when I come in :eek: and my wife will tell me one of your girlfriends came home with you :lookout:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts