Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a person at Church tell me if I wanted more bees He had them in a tree and I was more than welcome to get them away from His house. The problem is I asked if He was interested in taking down the tree and He said He was not. Any ideas as how to coax them out? I understand they are not high up.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I just tell people "thank you, but no thanks" when it comes to their being so gracious by giving me 'free bees' in a tree. It's not worth the effort.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This thread has several times been mentioned in this forum. I have answered it several times. I wish that members who think they have a new question would check previous threads and will find that their question has already been answered in detail. I am specialized in removing bees from trees but will not give an answer again as all the circumstances are not known and the tread has been discussed previously in detail.
Janvanhamont

·
Registered
388 Posts
Janvanhamont, unfortunatly, most of the topics we discuss have already been discussed previously in one way or another. And like it or not, the search function rarely works exactly as expected. The point of the forum is to ask for help and recieve it. :) Or share your knowledge. I'm sorry you feel it is a waste of time. Maybe perhaps you could have included a link to the rehashed topics. :gh:

·
Registered
792 Posts
trapping out the bees but not the queen gets you almost nothing.
Leave them alone and put a swarm trap nearby. With that you might get the good genetics of healthy survivor bees.
If the tree colony dies, plug up the entrance(s) with clay or screen - keep the critters and the bees out. You don't know why they didn't make it and don't want to run the risk of American Foulbrood.

Best,
-E.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Yep some of us think its a lot of fun :thumbsup:

I started 4 new hives last year trapping out of a house, useing a wire cone and putting a nuc with a frame of eggs and bees there, had to move the first nuc box is 2 days and @ the end of about 6 weeks had 4 new hives with queens they raised from the eggs I put in the boxes.

The first question I ask when folks call is HOW HIGH ARE THEY and if not to high I will go look, some I walk away from and some I will trap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies I will se if I can trap them as they are close to home.

Sorry that it was so much trouble for you to look at this thread janvanhamont but it did not help us new guys with your reply as I could not find the answer, so therefore I asked, I thought that is what this foum was for.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
This thread has several times been mentioned in this forum. I have answered it several times. I wish that members who think they have a new question would check previous threads and will find that their question has already been answered in detail. I am specialized in removing bees from trees but will not give an answer again as all the circumstances are not known and the tread has been discussed previously in detail.
Janvanhamont
That's not the only thing your specialized in...Next time just post a link... or just don't bother. I would have been interested myself in what you had to say....now I would rather just try it on my own. Thanks anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts