Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
That reporter's veil is going to get him in trouble.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interesting video, cg3. Is royal jelly collected in the same manner in the US? Is there a decent market for it here?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Funny you should bring that up , I was trying to research Caucasian bee's the other day and found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz7twxr9U3I

I really like the part at about 6:25 where it says each queen costs about $10,000.00 us dollars , they produce 25,000 queens a year , and the elderly lady comes in and buys 7 for herself.

Apparently, I'm doing it wrong... lol... 45 colonies... 200 employees... but I suppose they mean yards... *grins*

I can't help but feel that the $10k price was lost in translation.... If it's not, I need to move to sochi... LOL

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Its getting bad here but for now I think I'll stick with the soviet state of California and keep on keeping on with $20+- queens. Besides.... my idea a great location is not in some no mans land between Putin and a bunch of crazies who bomb little old ladies in the name of Allah.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Apparently, I'm doing it wrong... lol... 45 colonies... 200 employees... but I suppose they mean yards... *grins*

I can't help but feel that the $10k price was lost in translation.... If it's not, I need to move to sochi... LOL
1 dollar was worth about 33 rubles, last I went to Russia. They probably mixed themselves up and did a 1 ruble = 33 dollar conversion. If that was the source of their mistake, it would put Russian queens in the 10$ range (330 rubles), something which seems rather plausible to me, and not the 10k$ range (330 000 rubles) as was stated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts