Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
When is the bloom predicted in the Hudson Valley? Are you sending some up to Chazy too?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bloom for New Paltz is opening now, Will have all my bees in the New Paltz area delivered by Friday May 9th.

I do deliver to Chazy, they are at least a week off, maybe more.

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
Our trees are just budding out so I know I didn't lose any this winter. I did a willy nilly split to one hive May 7. I hope I did it early enough.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the calls, heading to New Paltz Monday to pull the bees back out. Bees leave for Chazy NY, Friday Morning.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Just got the calls, heading to New Paltz Monday to pull the bees back out. Bees leave for Chazy NY, Friday Morning.
Just barely a week. Are the flowers falling already? Or has the weather been so good that the orchard manager figures fruit set was accomplished, so he wants to get a spray on?

I figured that a late bloom might mean a compressed bloom period.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just barely a week. Are the flowers falling already? Or has the weather been so good that the orchard manager figures fruit set was accomplished, so he wants to get a spray on?

I figured that a late bloom might mean a compressed bloom period.
Probably some of each.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
All it takes is one good day of flight when flowers are open, from what my growers tell me.

I took my second load to Wolcott. Plenty of bloom there. Got a call for another 50 hives and another guy who wants 40 more. But I don't have them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts