Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will begin taking orders on January 1st, 2021. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]
Delivery is not available. These are for pick up only in Whitehouse, TX or Crockett, TX.

Bees - Nuc Options 2021
We will begin taking orders on January 1st, 2021. Please contact us to place an order after that date. I primarily sell nucs in four ways, but I can support a lot of options so if you need something different, please let me know. In all three options, you will get a guaranteed 5 frame nuc - 5+ frames of brood/honey / new queen / a lot of bees.
OPTION ONE - FIVE FRAME NUC
$150
A five-frame nuc in a cardboard nuc box. This option comes with a newly mated queen, bees, and guaranteed two frames of brood. Your four frames will be a mix of either wood or plastic that will have brood, honey, and pollen. There will not be room for the hive to expand, and a hive body will be needed after purchase.
OPTION TWO - SINGLE
$165
You place the order. I’ll build the nuc in my equipment. Then, in April, you bring an empty hive, and we will move the nuc from my equipment into yours. You will need to bring the following equipment in April upon picking up your bees.
Equipment Needed:
A standard 10 frame hive body box
Bottom
Strap (To secure the hive for transport.)
OPTION THREE - SINGLE
$220
You place the order. In April, you pick up your nuc built-in new equipment. You will be getting the following with your purchase. You will need to bring a strap in April to secure your hive for transport.
Your purchase includes:
A new standard 10 frame hive body box
Bottom
8 frames consisting of 5+ brood, and honey
New Queen
Bees
OPTION FOUR - DOUBLE
$275
A double story hive with a new queen that is ready for honey production. You will need to add supers. Please note that the equipment will be in good working condition, but it will not be brand new equipment.
OPTION 5 - NON STANDARD
$200
We want to accommodate all of your requests for starting your own hive. There are a lot of different styles and options for hives available for you to choose from as A beekeeper. However, not all run well along with our standard equipment. This package is for the non-standard such as Top Bar Hives, Flow Hives, or something else you would like to use as a hive.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
In options 2 & 3, should the customer bring 5 or 2 empty frames depending on which option they choose? Without the empty frames to hold the rest snugly they are courting disaster. Or are you supplying the balance? I'm not quite clear on that point.

Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In options 2 & 3, should the customer bring 5 or 2 empty frames depending on which option they choose? Without the empty frames to hold the rest snugly they are courting disaster. Or are you supplying the balance? I'm not quite clear on that point.

Alex
Only on option 2 are you required to bring equipment.

We run 8 frames and a feeder in a single 10 frame hive. With both options 2 and 3, you will receive all eight frames and a gallon inline feeder. With the feeder, the 8 frames fit quite tight in the box.

The five frames you are referring to are what we guarantee will be full of honey and brood. We promise five full frames, but usually, all 8 frames you receive will be producing.

With option 2 you will bring a standard 10 frame box that we will transfer the frames into. With option three you are buying the entire hive, the standard box included, from us and all you need do is bring a strap to secure it.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to help.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts