Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a observation hive off of ebay and I received a coupon for some bees. After emailing them Im not left with a warm, fuzzy feeling about getting the bees so Im looking for a small swarm. Anyone in northern oregon, southern washington hear of a swarm they dont want "PLEASE" let me know.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive contacted every agency in town. Since its a small town they dont get swarms calls very often. Was kinda hoping someone within a couple hours driving distance may get a call for a swarm they dont want.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sparkie,
have you tried contacting any beekeepers in Hermiston? If you contact somebody in your local area they can probably tell you more about how to get started. Maybe they'll be able to tell you about other beekeepers in Hermiston and maybe even help you find a swarm. I don't know any beekeepers in that area but I've heard there are some there. If I were looking for bees and beekeepers I would probably look on the OSBA website and look for pollinators located in Hermiston. http://www.orsba.org/pollinatorbig.htm
George

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive tried to get in touch with them(only 1 in town) but they are very busy and hasnt responded to my emails. even though this is an observation hive Im still worried about such a late start.

Ive put added in the local nickle ad but not holding my breath. I guess I should be patient but this is my 1st hive and im awefully anxious.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got a call for a swarm today. got about 60 lb of comb with honey in most of it. Now all thats left is get them into the observation hive. I will probably do this tomorrow and give them a chance to settle in a bit. They seem very docile. Had to remove a plywood wall to get them and they didnt really get upset until I started cutting away the comb.

Heres a link to a picture of my observation hive. Please give me any advice you can since I know little about bees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts