Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know two hives looked like this last night both times I looke 2 am - 3am . It was low 60's last night .
I'm sure it's normal but have never checked them at them hours . But was hauling bees in last night and putting them out and this is what I seen in this one and another didnt check them all . Just thought I would share since most probley think they sleep all night .

·
Registered
172 Posts
Indeed, they stay busy! I check on mine morning and night (through the window) and they do quite a bit over night. I put 1L of syrup in the hive around 9pm last night. In the morning it was gone (the syrup not the jar)!

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
Heh. I see I'm not the only one who picks up those corrugated political signs...:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Vote to recycle!!

Even though it is 60 degrees out side the hive may be over heated. All that sugar makes a lot of heat. Look closer if you can and see if they are fanning.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vote to recycle!!

Even though it is 60 degrees out side the hive may be over heated. All that sugar makes a lot of heat. Look closer if you can and see if they are fanning.
They didn't seem to be fanning as that's what I thought they may have been doing . They look like they was trying to block the entrance off . Don't know thought first time I had every looked at them in them hours .

I just snapped the pic to share on here what I seen at 2-3 in the morning .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Huh. My bees do this most nights, too.. I just thought they were chillin' out front due to the warm weather we've been having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts