Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
(hmm, not going to that link myself... :cool: )

But....YAY!! What a great victory for small beekeepers! Woo-HOOOO!!
As a NY state resident, i am thrilled that the little guy was able to make a good change. Maybe there's hope after all. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

As a NY state resident, i am thrilled that the little guy was able to make a good change. Maybe there's hope after all. :)
What's wrong with the link Omie. I posted it, it's fine. Your descretion.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/science/earth/15bees.html

I'm very happy about this stupid NYC anti-bee law being repealed. The ban on bees in the city lumped honeybees in with keeping crocodiles, lions and pit vipers. This ban was introduced in 1999 by then Mayor Rudy Giuliani, with a $2,000 fine for every violation. Renegade 'outlaw' beekeepers were hiding their hives or disguising them as filing cabinets or chimneys! :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to See and hear this Victory! Now what about Raw Milk ? Can you buy and sell it in NY? We Do it like Grey Market here in Arkansas, but trying to pass a Bill. Yes i know a little off topic , :)

·
Registered
358 Posts

Omie? You didn't answer the quesstion. You in politics?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Omie? You didn't answer the quesstion. You in politics?
I prefer other news sources. But thanks for asking! :)

But i love that the dumb NYC anti-bee law is getting repealed! :thumbsup:

Farmsteader, I don't think we are allowed to buy raw milk in NY state. Too bad. Wish I could have a dairy goat where we live, but village zoning won't permit it. No chickens either. Rabbits are apparently ok. I don't know if they classify bees as 'livestock' as well....but I'm not asking. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts