So I bought out another beek who's in Baghdad and needed to sell his stuff. Stashed a bunch of stuff in a shop building and stacked some deeps that had been taken over by moths outside. Next day they were covered by bees although the shop is nowhere close to my bees. There was a 3 gallon aluminum kettle half full of wax in the equipment, and I set it outside on it's side to soften it up so I could clean it. The wax softened, and the honey underneath ran all over the place. The following day the ground was covered with dead and dying bees. No dead around the deeps, so I suspect the honey had been heated to a point that it lost all enzymes etc. and became a toxic trap. No telling how long it had been in the kettle under the wax, but it was sure long enough to grow some nasty poison. Lesson learned.