Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the Chicago area pretty soon. Does anyone know of any good places to buy supplies? I would prefer to buy on site rather than order.

·
Registered
378 Posts
4 hours south is CAPITAL BEE SUPPLY In MONONA Wisconsin... where all the cool beeks save money

·
Registered
506 Posts
I always order from Dadant. or Brushy Mountain via internet. You will have to pay for shipping. You could go to Watertown Wis where Dadant has a store.I have had excellent results from both companies.

·
Registered
377 Posts
you could stop by barry's house, and take stuff i bet he has 3 of everything and really nice stuff,just dont take anything that says goldenrod honey on it... jm2cents 4 fun

·
Registered
13 Posts
Belmont Feed and Seed on Belmont Ave in Chicago (North side) carries a few items. There are also a few local sources of wooden ware sold by local Beekeepers in the Western and Far South suburbs. I have met some great people buying locally.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fours hours south of Chicago is a long way from Wisconsin!

Tom
We (Capital Bee Supply) are located in Madison, WI (right on the border of Madison and Monona, WI) and primarily serves backyard and hobby beekeepers. We ship nationwide (and to the US territories and commonwealths also). We are 2.5 hours from downtown Chicago (on a good driving day) and typically operate 7 days a week, 12 hours a day (8am-8pm sometimes earlier and later too). We have a number of customers in the greater Chicagoland area with some picking up items as they go through Madison to the north or some preferring items to be shipped direct. Most items we ship the same or next day the order is placed (our last UPS pickup is 8:00pm, SpeeDee goes the next day, small items typically go USPS, Friday/Saturday orders for smaller items go USPS and in the bulk of the midwest and east coast areas they arrive Monday or Tuesday). We primarily manufacture wooden ware at our production facility (and we do custom work such as mini mating nucs, odd frame sizes, etc), steel accessory hardware for hives and we do some plastic injection molding now too of specialty items. We carry a range of tools, protective gear, meds/supplements. The basics is what we cover. We don't make/carry everything that is out there, but we add items all the time that we find work well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts