Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in my beekeeping days (60's and 70's) the Midwest suppliers were Hubbards in Onsted (MI), A.I. Root in Medina (OH) and Dandant & Sons.

(1) What are some major bee suppliers that offer reasonable prices for brood supers, extracting supers and their supplies (frames, wax, ...)?

(2) What about recommendations for package bee suppliers?

Probably could do some researching on the NET, which has been essentially peripheral at best, but I thought I'd check and see what others in the business have found firsthand these days?

Thanks
Lute1812

·
Registered
635 Posts
i also have good things to report from Mann Lake. Their customer service is pretty fantastic, pruices are pretty good, and orders over $100 are free shipping for almost all items.

As for bees, I've purchased locally thus far. I have a couple of package orders from different suppleirs this year as I wanted to go with Carnies. I'll reserve judgement of them until the transactions are completed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did a lot of business with Mann Lake last year on hive bodies, frames an such. Price was right, shipping was free, and customer service was great.
Doesn't mean other companies are bad, I just primarily deal with Mann lake because they haven't given me a reason not too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I just purchased a single supered hive from ML last week, will be picking up another brood super and two supers for cut-comb from them.

Don Lam has bees for pick-up only here in MI, so for me that's out. It sound like his operation has positive feedback. Being located in MI is there a nearby, or reliable 3-lb package shipper, that is recommended in the surrounding states?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts