Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would think beekeeping will vary as to location, yet most practices are the same. Is there a calandar as to when to treat the bees most effectively? Can some of you all share what you do when, why and how. I think that could be very helpful to us new keepers.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
It talks about warmer inland coastal, as well as the foggy coast. From southern CA to Oregon. My self in Concord, is considered a transition area between the two.
So far its the closest thing I've found. If you find anything better, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Alright, I can't help with treatments because I don't treat. But make sure your hives are in full sun through the winter where you are.
The first event of the year for you is the almond bloom.
Three weeks after that starts in your area, the hive population will explode. So make sure that there is sufficient brood space by the end of january ( or 2nd week of Feb ). That means no extra honey in the brood boxes.
After that you need to figure out when you have a nectar flow in the area of your hives because then you need empty supers on the hive for honey.

Other than that you are on your own -- Fuzzy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts