Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deputies: Fla. beekeeper stole bees, honey

The Associated Press

Published: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 10:57 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 10:57 a.m.
CRESCENT CITY, Fla. - A northeast Florida beekeeper is under arrest after deputies say he stole bees, honey and equipment from his competitors.

Ruben Josey was arrested Thursday in Putnam County after deputies say they recovered 48 stolen beehives and other goods worth thousands of dollars.

The hives were reported stolen in December and January in Putnam and surrounding counties and possibly Georgia

Local beekeepers said they had become increasingly suspicious Josey was the thief and gathered evidence against him. Each hive has a state registration number.

Josey, 45, was charged with dealing stolen property and larceny. He was being held Saturday on $50,000 bond. His business phone was disconnected Saturday and it could not be determined if he has an attorney.

:no:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Hey,. suncoast. It's just business here in Florida,..we just gotta do business man,. you gotta understand,. we just protecting are guys [wise guys :cool:] OK. we missed one there, he was just a yokel [ya, Josey the yokel we us'd to call him] who didn't know nothin about our "operation". Sorry he got caught but that's the breaks. Don't worry,..we have the proper
Consigliere in place.
Beekeeping and honey production is a new source of ,..."income" for us guys that belong to the,.."company",..if ya know what I mean :rolleyes:

With CCD and mites creating a problem among 'honest' beekeepers,. you can expect more infiltration of the beekeeping industry by the,.."Don" Beekalogna family. :cool:

Hey,.. I even got some "guys" :cool: checking out the almond pollination "business" in Cali for next year. What a gold mine for those with the right.."connections",.if ya know what I mean. You want in? We have contracts with some of the almond growers that they,..can't refuse. We offer,..protection.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
"and making no sense.'

I really have to find a new forum where at least some people understand me.

"The drama came to light during a Bee Culture investigation into the scale of the Australian honey relabeling operations. This found that up to 2,228 tonnes (nearly 4.5 million pounds) of Chinese honey was shipped to Australia and then re-exported to the United States in the 2001-02"

"I would not be surprised if there were only one or two people involved in the whole operation," one source said. "A sort of honey mafia." >> From Bee Culture http://www.beekeeping.com/articles/us/honey_laundering.htm

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I understand you Godfather. :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
I believe in America. Now my beautiful bees have been stolen, poisoned and
defiled by criminals Godfather. They just laughed at me in Court! This is when
I said, for justice I must come to the Godfather!

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
OK. Barry we won't. Sorry, I know it was off topic. I don't know what came over me. Frustrated writer in me,..or something,.:).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts