1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
use the search function at the top of the page. good luck,mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello Holly, I'm on my second bee-vac. My first was of my own design using nested five gallon buckets. Bee losses were in an un-acceptable level. I then built the bee vac that is featured in the plans section of Beesource. Bee losses are a whole lot lower, due to the better ventilation. Just bee aware that temperature is critical when the bees are caged and time is of the essence when the temperature is high. I've even transported my caged bees in the front of my truck with the AC on high. Very little heat kill that way, but you always have some stragglers on the outside of the cage, thus loose in your car. You draw some funny looks from passing motorists if your driving while wearing your bee veil! Ask my how I know! Anthony

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[draw some funny looks from passing motorists if your driving while wearing your bee veil.......
Very funny I can see it now! the things we do to save some bees.
thanks everyone now I have to try to build it.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Hey Holly
Are you gona tell us about the cut out with 2 queens :s

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was awesome. I will post some pics. I couldn't believe we found the first queen and then the second was a huge bonus. We made a nuc and a hive. The more I think about it with 2 queens there should of been alot more brood the other beek and I both think the bees went up the wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts