Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my wife and my first year of beekeeping. I'm looking to find the best bee sting protection for her because she is nevous about getting stung. yeah i'm not looking forward to getting hit but i'm not as nevous about it as she is. Could someone suggest the best outfit to get her set up in as well as hand gear for her :confused: I look at the different suppliers but i can tell from the pictures what is good or not.
THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Any full suit with a zip on veil will offer great protection. I like the "English" style hoods that don't require a pith helmet. They look like you'd get stung on the back of the head, but it's never happened to me.

The protection I have that I use the most is a Jacket from www.beeworks.com with an English style hood and the Golden Bee Products suit when it's hot. Next I have a full suite from www.beeworks.com that I wear if it's cold out or I don't care about the heat. I've also had the cotton coveralls with the zip on viel from Walter T. Kelly and they were fine too.

For handling the heat, I LOVE my Golden Bee Products suit. The wind blows right through it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have used a ty-vek suit myself. I have never had a sting through the suit but it is made of paper and even though it is tear resistant it will tear and those bees will find the tear if they become aggressive. Many times I just use a long sleeve cotton shirt if they are not to upset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts