Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a two bees sting the backside of my nitrile glove. The stingers remained in my glove. I had a third bee land on my glove and it went over to each of the stingers tried to pull them out. I thought if bees found where a stinger was, it would try to sting in that location as well. This one didn't - it was trying to pull them out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a bee sting through my nitrile glove and into my thumb. I was thinking about doubling up. Did yours get through the glove?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was nailed on the thumb through my nitrile glove. About 4 dyas later I dug out a speck of the stinger from my thumb.

Pugs

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike - I've worn this type of glove for about a year. I've had maybe 6 stings actually go through. In the case I was discussing, either stinger actually penetrated the glove.

I curious about the bee's action of actually trying to pull the stingers out of my glove. She had no intention of stinging be, but was trying very hard on trying to remove the stinger.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I just started wearing these last week and I had one try to sting through but couldn't so she tagged me in my calf, which woke me up pretty good. Interestingly, i have seen this behavior when we moved the hives to the cotton. I was stung, ah i don't know, maybe 15-20 times by the other beeks bees(boy they were mad as all get out). After everyone settled down i was straightening the lid on mine and a few came up to my hand and was they were doing the same thing, trying to get the stinger out as if it was going to help the bees who had left the stingers in my leather gloves. Never had seen that before. Sometimes they amaze me by their actions/reactions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts